Saturday 9 February 2013

Victorian hairstyle

(retrieved from http://late-victorian-clothing.blogspot.co.nz/2011/07/late-victorian-era-headwear-and-hair.html)
I've been wanting to attempt a recreation of this hairstyle for about a year now. Today I was feeling brave - and this is what I came out with:







I made a few modifications as I went along (as you can probably tell). I attempted the rolls at the front, but didn't like how they ended up looking so braided those sections and looped them with the other braids. My hair isn't as thick as the woman in the picture (and I don't have any hair pieces to use) so I had to get creative with the back braids. I also rope braided the section at the crown. All in all, I rather like how it turned out - and I think I'll definitely be borrowing aspects of it for future styles.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent web site. Lots of useful info here. I’m sending it to several friends ans also sharing in delicious. And of course, thanks for your effort. hår extensions are not for everyone so you need to seriously think about whether they will fit in to your lifestyle or not.

    ReplyDelete